Wednesday, July 9, 2008

What a day!

Daniel and I had big plans for getting lots accomplished around the house today. He had a dentist appointment to get a tooth removed around lunchtime and we debated whether or not I would go with him. So, the boys and I decided we would go and do some errands while he was at the dentist. Well...good thing! I was in Wal-Mart and Daniel called apparently to tell me to come and get him. He had been heavily sedated and if his number hadn't appeared on my cell phone I would have had no idea it was him. As I was trying to check out, he calls again and sounded very much like a drunk. I rushed to go get him and I was shocked to see him still very out of it when I got there. He began to tell me that they fussed about me the whole time I was gone. Apparently, someone was supposed to stay with him but we didn't even know all this was going to take place so it is a good thing I was even in the same town. I was trying my best to just get out of there before he said something really embarrassing. We had dropped Daddy's trailer at Tanya's house and were going to get it and pick up a couch for Momma. After seeing Daniel's current state, I began to panic that we, now being me, weren't going to be able to hook to the trailer. See, the urgent thing is Tanya is due any day so I could just imagine her needing to go to the hospital and our trailer blocking the way. So, we go to her house and I am going to attempt to get the trailer hooked back to the car. I told Daniel to sit in the car and not play with the gas or anything (remember this is the husband-not the boys). Well, he stumbles out of the car and before I know it he has manhandled the trailer and moved it with his hands (it is very big) onto the car. I told him come tomorrow he will realize he has hurt something. After much stumbling and slurring I guided him back to the car. All the while, Tanya is watching us out of the window about to go into labor laughing at the scene taking place in her driveway. Daniel told me many things that he doesn't remember and I just hope he didn't traumatize the poor boys too badly! He kept ranting about how his tooth was going to cost him half a million dollars amongst other things. I know it is not nearly as comical reading it but Tanya can vouch for what a time I had on my hands. This day made me really thankful for the fact that Daniel isn't a drunk because I know I couldn't handle him! There was a very sweet ending to our day. We moved Peyton's bedroom last night and he was laying in the bed and called Daniel in there. He asked Daniel if he wanted him to pray for his mouth to feel better. By this point, thank goodness Daniel's anesthesia had worn off and he was in his right mind :) Peyton said, "Dear Jesus, Please help Daddy's mouth feel better. I know it is a lot to ask. Thank you Jesus." Precious. Maybe our prayers are moving a little past now I lay me...At least our crazy day had a wonderful ending!

3 comments:

rita and andy said...

I would have LOVED to have been where Tonya was!!!! I can only imagine the fun you had.

twcasselman said...

OMG...just thinking about the view from the window while reading your post makes me double over in laughter!!!! Daniel will never know exactly how funny this was...I can't describe it!!!! hehehehe :)

Catherine said...

I am laughing so hard just reading your post, I can only imagine the view that Tonya had. Hilarious, I love it. If only you had the whole thing on video.

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker