Sunday, July 20, 2008

Project Porch

This week Daniel and I had a mission...to rescreen our back porch. Most of you know we are trying to sell our house and the boys have wreaked havoc on the screen porch. We had heard a lot about screen tight and how wonderful it was so we thought there wouldn't be much to redoing the porch. Well, when Daniel got all of the screen off, it was obvious (at least to me) that we had to paint. So, we removed thousands of staples, cleaned the porch, and started painting. This simple project turned into a week long event at our house. Daniel rescreened the porch and it looks great...and yes the screen tight system is awesome. Although it was hard work and the painting still isn't finished...we had a great time working together. We often get so caught up in other things that we don't spend enough time together and working on the porch gave us lots of quality time together. I am including some pictures of the porch in progress and I will update with the finished project when it is done. Now, hopefully some buyer will come along and fall in love with the house and I am sure it will be all because of the porch :)
Daniel working hard...
While we worked on the porch Peyton played in the sprinkler...with the umbrella cause heaven forbid he get wet!


And Wilson manned the phones for us...such a helper!!

2 comments:

Lill said...

Claire, I love all of your posts and feel I am keeping up with you. Some time those little projects around the house are some of the most favorite memories! I can't believe how much the boys have grouwn since I last saw them. Can't wait to see you in August. Lill

Josie Thames said...

I love that Peyton wanted to play with the sprinklers, but didn't want to get wet. It's a great picture!

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker