Saturday, July 12, 2008

An Amazing Experience

Today I had the privilege to witness one of God's most amazing miracles-the miracle of birth. Tanya, Craig, and Olivia Grace welcomed Carter into the world today and invited me to be a part of it. Tanya and I have been into photography for a while and have taken some classes together. We joke and say we are going to be photographers when we grow up:) We have spent hours oohing and aaghing over lots of pictures, but particularly birth photography. So, when Tanya found out she was expecting, she asked me if I would come into the delivery room and be the "birth photographer." I didn't really think she was serious and kind of brushed it off. But, as the day got closer, she mentioned it again. I think she and I both were a little nervous but I was very honored and willingly agreed to do it. I will have to say it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life (aside from the birth of my own children of course :) I believe I was more nervous today than when I gave birth. I knew this was a one shot deal and I didn't want to disappoint Tanya. When it was "time," Becky, Craig, and I assumed our posts in the room and Carter arrived rather quickly, much to Tanya's delight. We got some great pictures of those first moments of life. Carter is beautiful and I am dying to show him off, but I will let his Moma be the first to share his picture with the world. I am so thankful that my family has Tanya, Craig, Olivia Grace, and now Carter in our lives. They are so special to us. Thank you Tanya and Craig for letting me share in this special time in your life.

2 comments:

The Newton's said...

How neat. Tell them we said Congrats! I would love for you and the boys to come up and swim. I'll let you know the next time we come to town as well.

Josie Thames said...

What an honor! It really is a wonderful gesture to be her birth photographer.

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker