Sunday, September 21, 2008

I want to be just like you...

I wish I had pictures of Peyton and Wilson tonight at Momma's house. Peyton is all into writing since school started and he writes all the time. Well...Wilson wants to be just like Peyton. He watches and copies everything he does which isn't always very flattering to Peyton :) Tonight,when Peyton got his pencil and paper out to write, Wilson dug around until he found him one as well. Then, he watched to see how to hold his pencil so he could be just like his big brother. It was absolutely precious!
It is amazing that already, at 18 months, he wants to be just like his "bubba!" The song, "I want to be just like you..." keeps playing in my mind when I think about tonight and how much Wilson looks up to Peyton. Just as much as they don't won't to admit it, children look up to their parents a lot too! That is why I have to remind myself every day of that song, so when they try to be just like us, we are making sure we are trying to be just like Him. After all, I can't think of a better role model!

2 comments:

The Newton's said...

Too Cute!!!

rita and andy said...

How sweet! Miss ya'll... We had such a great time when you came to visit us. Can't wait to see you again soon.

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker