Friday, August 8, 2008

It's been a while

I have been terrible about blogging lately but I am really on a writing roll tonight. I just finished up all of my discussions for my graduate class and I am so thankful that it is almost over. I will have a break until October and my classes will start up again and I will be finished next August! I hope I make it...

The boys and I have been having so much fun lately. I promise to post lots of summer pictures next time. Peyton and I had a "big kids" trip with Kristen, Vickie, and Lori and the big kids to Wild Water and Wheels last week or the week before, I can't exactly remember. It was Peyton's first time to the big water park and he was in hog heaven. It was a lot more crowded than the small one we usually go to so my radar had to bump up a few notches. I decided I think we should stick to the small one as long as we can. The "big kids trip" was lots of fun until the storm came...

Last Friday Momma, Daniel, and I took the boys down the river behind Momma's house to the narrows. The boys had so much fun playing in the water and it was low enough that Peyton could walk across in some places. We stayed for about and hour and a half and decided it was nap time and we would head home. Well...we had no idea how long that trip would be. It normally takes about 8-10 minutes to get to the narrows from my parents house. Well, about 1 minute into our return trip, the boat flat out died. So, here we are in the sweltering heat and had to paddle upstream for about an hour and 45 minutes. Sounds like those stories you hear about people walking 2 miles uphill in the snow to school doesn't it? Well, this is no joke. The boys were sleepy and I was afraid that if I didn't have a death grip on Wilson he would go overboard, so I took care of them while Momma and Daniel did most of the paddling. I don't know which was worse but I know it was awful. I know you are wondering why we didn't call someone. That was the other thing. I was the only one who took my cell phone and wouldn't you know it, it went dead. Needless to say, we sang hallelujah when we saw my parent's house. Thank goodness we had 2 paddles in the boat. Otherwise, we may still be in the river.

Tuesday, Vickie, Kristen, and I took the kids to Pawleys. Wilson did better on the beach then he has all year. He usually takes a while to warm up to the sand but he got right down and played all day. I have to mention that Peyton got to take his best friend, Olivia Grace and Tanya will never know how much it meant that she trusted me enough to take her. There is so much beach at Pawleys this year. The renourishment was great. It was the perfect beach day until the storm...notice a pattern here. Welcome to SC in the summertime!

Anyway, today we had a visit to Dr. Mike, Peyton's dentist. I have got to figure out how to get the pictures off of my cell phone so everyone can see their new office. It is out of this world! I would like to clone their playroom. I love those dentists-they are the best!! Peyton thinks they are the best too because the don't give shots like Dr. Dabis (Davis but we haven't mastered v's yet :) We love him too even if he does give shots!!

I might as well go ahead and address yesterday in this post since I am jumping all around. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the worst, yesterday came in about a 9.5. At about 5:00 yesterday, my principal let me in on a little secret...I would be changing grade levels. Now, keep in mind we go back to work Wednesday. Our funding has been down and our numbers went up so I needed to go back into the classroom. I know this probably doesn't seem like a monumental event if you've never moved a classroom but trust me teachers like stuff and we have lots of it. Ends up, I will be in 3rd grade teaching math and science. I am really excited but nervous because I have A LOT and I mean A LOT to do in 3 days. So much for the rest of the summer vacation. I have learned that from being moved in the past that God truly works things out even if we don't understand it at the time. I trust that this is where God would have me and this is going to be a great year!


That is about all of the rambling I will do for now...I am off to stare at my sleeping boys (well boy because Daniel is out fishing and he took Peyton to Nonnies with him). I am amazed by every breath they take, every wrinkle in their skin, all of their fingers and toes, and I could go on and one. To put it simply, I love everything about them...they are my world!

2 comments:

rita and andy said...

WOW that's a lot in one post. I will be thinking about you this week as you prepare for your new classroom. It's funny that you mention the boat "issue." Peyton was telling us a story, complete with sounds effects, about Nonnie and Poppy's boat being in the shop. He told us that it died in the river. Not sure if that is the same story or not. I had such a good time with the boys this afternoon. They are both so sweet! Peyton wanted me to help him with everything-reading a book, brushing his teeth, getting something to drink. I loved it!! I will be thinking about you this week.

Josie Thames said...

Just wanted to say "Good Luck" on your first day of school!

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker